The Northwest district is inviting all to attend their fall Pedagogy Seminar with Janna Williamson on Saturday, October 1st in Bowling Green, Ohio.
20/20 VISION FOR TEACHERS:
BUILDING A FOUNDATION FOR EXPRESSIVE PERFORMANCE
In these sessions, Janna Williamson discusses the importance of a clear vision and examines how having a vision specifically for expressive advanced performance can inform our teaching at the elementary and intermediate levels. Musical expression can and should be strategically taught at the lowest levels, and our own experience as more advanced musicians and performers should be incorporated in how we train even the least advanced students.
She is also a Baroque ornamentation specialist and will demonstrate some of her artistry during the second half of the day.
The final session of the afternoon will be a Masterclass. If you have students that would like to participate, please get their information to me soon. There are only three slots available. We ask that you limit their pieces to no longer than five minutes so there’s enough time for the clinician to work with them.
Important Information about this year’s seminar:
- If you invite a friend who is NOT an OMTA member, we will refund your application fee for the day.
- If you are currently NOT an OMTA member and sign up for membership by September 15th, we will refund your application fee. (This does not apply to collegiate memberships since they are heavily discounted.)
- College students regardless of membership status are the same fee. Please encourage your college students to attend and check us out.
- Our event will be held in the Conrad Room at the Wolfe Center, directly behind the Moore Musical Arts Building on the campus of BGSU.
- We will begin the day with our Annual meeting at 9:00 am. If you are a member, please plan to be there. We have some exciting things to discuss and would like input from as many members as possible.
- We will have reservations for lunch at a local restaurant (with plenty of time allowed.) Please indicate on the application form if you would like us to reserve a spot for you.
- Reservation deadline is September 20th.
- We now accept VENMO! (See details on application.)
The application form, along with further (or updated) information can be found at https://nwomta.org/
Mark your calendars. We are so excited to see you again in person this fall!