The Out and About program consists of public service performance opportunities for students. These events may include recitals, hospitals, senior living places, mall performances and creative activities. The hospital events are aptly termed “Sound of
Mind and Body”. The hospital “listening audience” consists of staff, patients and families who are passing through the lobby. All Out and About events are on Sundays.
Dates and Times
- Sunday, September 18 – St. Ann’s Hospital – 1:30 p.m.
- NEW! Friday, October 21 – Grove City Chamber of Commerce Fundraiser, Aladdin Shrine in Grove City – 6:30-7:00 p.m.
Sunday, October 23 – Riverside Methodist Hospital – 1:30 p.m.CANCELLED due to hospital policy Sunday, November 20 – Riverside Methodist Hospital – 1:30 p.m.CANCELLED due to hospital policy
- NEW! Sunday, November 20 – St. Ann’s Hospital – 1:30 p.m.
- Sunday, December 11 – St. Ann’s Hospital – 1:30 p.m.
Sunday, January 22 – Riverside Methodist Hospital – 1:30 p.m.CANCELLED due to hospital policy
- NEW! Sunday January 22 – St. Ann’s Hospital – 1:30 p.m.
- Sunday, February 12 – St. Ann’s Hospital – 1:30 p.m.
- Sunday, March 26 – Brookdale Pinnacle – RECITAL – 3 p.m.
- Sunday, April 30 – Riverside Methodist Hospital – 1:30 p.m.
- Sunday, May 21 – St. Ann’s Hospital – 1:30 p.m.
- Students may play up to 5 minutes in length.
- Each teacher is limited to a total of 20 minutes of student performance time.
- Students should have studied for at least one year and/or repertoire should be at least early to mid-elementary level/Guild EB.
- Pieces should be at least 16 measures long.
- If there is an open space or a last minute cancellation the chairperson may contact teachers to bring additional students.
- Duets are welcome.
- Adults welcome.
- Teachers decide whether students’ pieces are performance ready. This means that playing should be accurate, pieces well prepared and “polished” in order to represent OMTA well in a public setting.
- Teachers may instruct students how to walk to the piano, perform, and bow afterwards.
- Memorization is encouraged but not required.
- Since this is not a recital, nearby seats are reserved for the “audiences” rather than family.
Wednesday before the Sunday of each performance.
How to Register
Registration by email to Miriam Brown must come from the teacher. Please include the teacher’s name, the student’s name and age, level (beginner to advanced) and the piece’s title, composer and length. Encourage parents to fill out the Student Image Permission Form – link below.
Free to students of CEOMTA members; $5 fee for students of nonmembers.
Miriam Brown, NCTM
2787 Serene Pl – Columbus, OH 43231
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, all activities and events are subject to change.