The Central East District of the Ohio Music Teachers Association, CEOhioMTA, is pleased to offer scholarships to eligible students
The goal of the Summer Music Study Scholarship is to broaden the student’s exposure to music through something outside the regular routine. Scholarships may be used to pay for a music camp, master class, workshops, institute, special lessons, or coaching, separate from study with the teacher of current enrollment (the scholarship award should not benefit the current teacher of study or relatives of the student’s teacher).
Scholarships are sponsored by both local businesses and the CEOhioMTA and range from $100 to the $700 Graduating Senior Award (used for tuition reimbursement for students majoring in music).
- This event is open to all students within the Central East District regardless of their teacher’s membership; however, both teacher and student must reside in the District.
- Applicants must be nine (9) as of the audition date through high school senior to apply.
- Applicants must have studied in the performance medium of the audition with their current teacher for at least six (6) of the nine (9) months immediately preceding the auditions.
- Previous recipients are not eligible to audition the year following their award, except for future music majors auditioning for the Graduating Senior Award ($700 college tuition reimbursement).
- Students may compete with more than one instrument but are only eligible to be awarded one scholarship.
Please note – Summer Music Study Scholarship applicants will be judged on:
the quality of their performance (50%), submitted essays (30%) and sight-reading ability (20%).
Audition Date: Saturday, April 22, 2023
Audition Times: will be individually assigned between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm
NEW VENUE/LOCATION FOR 2023:
Graves Piano & Organ Co.
5798 Karl Road
Columbus, OH 43229
Registration Deadline: Saturday, March 25, 2023 (postmark)
NO LATE ENTRIES ACCEPTED
Fees: To Be Determined
Rules, Regulations and Application will be added closer to the event date.
Contact information for teachers only:
Chair/Registrar – Debra Mattera
(614) 529-1133 • ANote234@aol.com
Co-Chair – Sally Sansbury
(614) 747-1996 • email@example.com