Student Solo & Ensemble Recitals are opportunities for students of all instruments and voice to gain additional performance experience in a non-competitive setting. As many as three recitals on each of the designated dates are planned to accommodate those who wish to participate. All three Student Solo & Ensemble Recitals and the Honors Recital are held at Graves Piano & Organ Company, 5798 Karl Road (at Rt. 161) and will be held between 2:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. on the designated dates. TEACHERS ONLY can register the students and will be notified of the exact time after registration is complete. Two pianos will be available.
Students of OhioMTA members: $5 per student
Students of non-members: $10 per student
Honors Students participating in the Honors Recital on Sunday, April 23, 2023: no fee
Date: Sunday, November 13, 2022
Registration Deadline: Thursday, November 3, 2022 (postmarked)
Date: Sunday, February 19, 2023
Registration Deadline: Thursday, February 9, 2023 (postmarked)
Date: Sunday, April 23, 2023
Registration Deadline: Thursday, April 13, 2023 (postmarked)
Each student’s registration must be submitted on the 2022-2023 Solo & Ensemble Recitals Registration Form and must be completed by TEACHERS ONLY. Otherwise, they will not be accepted. All information must be included. To download the Registration Form click on this link: Registration Form for S & E Recitals 2022-2023.
You must have a valid e-mail address on your registration form. You may submit your registration form via e-mail or by regular mail. Teachers are to submit all registration forms of their students with one check, payable to OhioMTA, to the Chairperson. Teachers will be notified of each student’s assigned recital time via e-mail (or phone, if requested) within the week of the scheduled recital date.
We would like to recognize the students who participate in CEOMTA events by sending write-ups to local newspapers and posting on our district website and social media pages. If you would like to help us do this, please have the parent/guardian of participating students fill out this form by the date of their event: Student Image Permission Form 2022-2023. Thank you!
- All entrants must abide by the Copyright Laws of the United States of America.
- Recitals are open to students of any instrument or voice who have studied for at least one year.
- Memorization is required for solo piano and voice.
- Teachers will be limited to 15 minutes of performance time per recital. In the case of advanced students who may require more time, the necessary extension may be arranged with the Recital Chairperson. In the event that the recitals are not filled by the time of the deadline, the Recital Chairperson MAY accept additional students at the request of participating teachers.
- Composer’s original compositions, not arrangements or simplified versions, should be performed. Exceptions may be made for duet or two piano literature or certain ensemble literature. Check with the Recital Chairperson if in question.
- Duets (4 hands) are to be played on one piano.
- Students and teachers must accept the piano arrangements determined by the Recital Chairperson and Graves.
Sunday, April 23, 2023
One of the recitals on Saturday, April 23, 2023, will be designated as the Honors Recital. Winners of OhioMTA scholarships or competitions are invited to perform at this special recital. There is no fee to participate in this recital. Registration information is to be submitted by TEACHERS ONLY. Students and parents should NOT contact the Recital Chairperson.
There is no limit to the time each teacher is permitted for the Honors Recital. However, because of the number of participants, there is a limit to the number of minutes permitted each performer. Please take these time limits into consideration when planning a student’s program:
Elementary: 3 minutes
Middle school: 5 minutes
High school: 10 minutes
Send registration forms and fees (payable to OhioMTA) to:
Dr. Caroline B. Salido-Barta
5222 Bradstone Loop
Grove City, OH 43123
614-440-3555 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Updated August 27, 2022