For more than 100 years, MTNA, a collaborative community of music-teaching professionals, has connected seasoned educators to those just beginning to teach, from universities and colleges to independent studios. The Ohio Music Teachers Association also furthers our professional growth, and acquaints us with resources benefiting our students as well, especially those who seek to become professional musicians themselves. Finally our local district (CEOMTA) represents 17 counties in central and eastern Ohio promoting collegiality and musical growth even further among us teachers.
Your membership is an investment, with many benefits both tangible and intangible:
- Discounts and Resources – On national and state conferences, competitions and public service performance events at all levels, office supplies, travel and more.
- Educational Opportunities – Annual conferences and forums at the national, state and local levels feature workshops and seminars on many aspects of teaching.
- Professional Development – MTNA provides monthly webinars on varied topics, from studio resources to ornamentation to cybersecurity. Grants for teachers’ musical growth are available. Independent music teachers’ forums are held at the local level.
- Professional Support Services – “Find a teacher” recommendations and referrals are available online. In 2020, MTNA’s legal counsel provided “Legal FAQ’s for studios returning to in-person lessons” and other publications, including sample waiver and release forms. In addition, MTNA provides insurance options and new technology resources for music teachers.
- Exclusive Publications – At no additional cost, these publications will help keep you apprised of new trends and recently published music:
- American Music Teacher arrives in your mailbox 6 times a year
- The MTNA e-Journal includes both articles and interactive features.
The best advantage for your students, from the most gifted to the most timid of all ages, are the many competitive and collaborative opportunities provided throughout the year, and the greatest advantage of membership for YOU may be the many chances to interact with a wonderful group of colleagues, many of whom may become good friends.
HOW TO JOIN
Go to MTNA.org and then click on “Join+Renew.”
You may contact MTNA at (888) 512-5278 or (513) 421-1420 for further information.
The membership year runs from July 1 to June 30 for Active Members. Annual dues of $145 are broken down as follows:
MTNA – $85
OhioMTA – $40
CEOMTA – $20
A six month trial membership is $82.50. This is for New Members ONLY.
College Students receive a discounted rate of $32 annually. This membership year runs from October 1 to September 30. The dues are broken down as follows:
MTNA – $19
OhioMTA – $8
CEOMTA – $5
Those over the age of 70 qualify for Senior Membership. The dues are $105.
Annual Membership Meeting
On Friday, April 14, 2023, CEOMTA will hold its annual membership meeting for all members in conjunction with the Spring Conference. The location will be determined at a later date.
RSVP for the luncheon must be sent by April 7, 2023 to Membership Chair Bernice tamkin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updated August 10, 2022