The Central East District is pleased to support the musical community of independent music teachers by offering Grants for Professional Development to both members and non-members in the year 2020. The District offers professional teacher grants up to $350. The purpose of a grant is to provide tools to support and develop the applicant’s teaching. This is the main criterion used to evaluate each application.
Application rules are as follows:
- The grant shall be used for:
a) College or university courses for credit in a specific area of music study.
b) Conferences or workshops applicable to the continuing music education of the teacher, including but not limited to Dalcroze, Kodaly, Suzuki, Kindermusik.
c) Private music study including instrumental, vocal or pedagogy.
- Grants will be paid directly to the institution or teacher named in the application.
- Grants may not be used for OhioMTA or MTNA conference attendance.
- There is not an application fee for OhioMTA members. There is a $25 application fee for non-member teachers.
- Projects must be completed by May 1, 2021.
- Recipients are expected to report on their project in person or in writing at the Spring or Fall Conference following completion of their project.
- Recipients may not re-apply the following year. Preference may be given to applicants who have not received an award previously.
To apply for a Professional Development Grant, please provide the following:
- Contact information containing Name, Address, City, State, Zip Code, Email, Date and Telephone, including Area Code.
- Indicate whether you have received a Grant for Professional Development from our District in the past, and if so, provide the year.
- A description of your project. Please include the name of the course or workshop, length of time, location, and cost.
- A detailed explanation of how this project will enrich you as a teacher at this stage of your career. Please elaborate! This component of the application will likely determine who will be awarded a professional grant.
- Applications may be submitted by mail or as an attachment via email as a doc, text, or pdf file.
Deadline for applications is April 15, 2020.
Mail completed application to Chairperson
Annette Suhovecky, NCTM
7642 Glanmore Court
Dublin, OH 43017
(614) 352-3540 cell / email@example.com
Updated July 22, 2019