The Central East District is pleased to support the musical community of independent music teachers by offering Grants for Professional Development to both members and non-members in the year 2018. We provide professional teacher grants of up to $350, as well as grants of up to $150 to high school seniors or college students. The purpose of the grants is to aid in improving the applicant’s teaching. Relevance to the improvement of teaching will be the main criterion used in evaluating each application.
Application rules are as follows:
1. The grant shall be used for:
- a. College or university courses for credit in a specific area of music study. Student members may not apply for grants to offset college tuition, which they would normally pay for regular degree course work.
- b. Conferences or workshops applicable to the continuing music education of the teacher, such as Dalcroze, Kodaly, Suzuki, Kindermusik, etc.
- c. Private music study, instrumental, vocal, or pedagogy.
2. Grants will be paid directly to the institution or teacher named in the application.
3. Grants may not be used for OhioMTA or MTNA conference attendance.
4. There is no application fee for OhioMTA members. There is a $25 application fee for non-member teachers.
5. Projects must be completed by May 1, 2019.
6. Recipients are expected to report on their project in person or in writing at the Spring or Fall Conference following completion of their project.
7. Recipients may not re-apply the following year. Preference may be given to applicants who have not received an award previously.
To apply for a Professional Development Grant, please provide the following:
1. Contact information containing Name, Address, City, State, Zip, Area Code & Phone, Email, Signature and Date.
2. State whether you have received a Grant for Professional Development from our District in the past, and if so, what year.
3. A description of your project. Please include course or workshop, length of time, location, and cost.
4. A detailed explanation of how this project will enrich you as a teacher at this stage in your teaching career. Please elaborate, as much weight will be given to this particular component in awarding the grants.
Applications may also be submitted as attachments via email as doc, text, or pdf files.
Deadline for application is April 15, 2018.
Mail completed application to Chairperson
Annette Suhovecky, NCTM
7642 Glanmore Ct
Dublin, OH 43017
(614) 889-5348 • Annette@brierhill.net
The Beverly A. Rawles Fund for Music Education offers funding for teachers and students in three areas: 1) Student Financial Assistance; 2) Teacher Conference Assistance; and 3) Private Study for Teachers. For more information go to:
Updated August 11, 2017.