For more than 100 years MTNA, a collaborative community of music-teaching professionals, has connected seasoned educators to those just beginning to teach, from universities and colleges to independent studios. The Ohio Music Teachers Association also furthers our professional growth, and acquaints us with resources that may benefit our students as well, especially those who seek to become professional musicians themselves. Finally our local district (CEOMTA) represents 17 counties in central and eastern Ohio promoting collegiality and musical growth even further among us teachers.
Your membership is an investment, with many benefits both tangible and intangible:
- Discounts and Resources – on national and state conferences, competitions and public service performance events at all level, office supplies, travel and more.
- Educational Opportunities – Our national, state and local yearly conferences and forums feature workshops and seminars on many aspects of teaching.
- Professional Development – MTNA provides monthly webinars on varied topics, from studio resources to ornamentation to cybersecurity. Grants for teachers’ musical growth available. Independent music teachers’ forum at local level.
- Professional Support Services – “Find a teacher” recommendations and referrals online (available in hard copy form to local universities and music providers). This year MTNA’s legal counsel provided “Legal FAQ’s for studios returning to in-person lessons” and other publications, including sample waiver and release forms. Insurance options for music teachers, and new technology resources.
- Exclusive Publications – at no additional cost keep you apprised of new trends and recently published music:
- American Music Teacher arrives in your mailbox 6 times a year, and
- MTNA e-Journal with both articles and interactive features.
Perhaps the best advantage for your students, from the most gifted to the most timid of all ages, are the many opportunities both competitive and collaborative throughout the year. But the greatest advantage of membership for YOU may be many chances to interact with a wonderful group of colleagues, many of whom may become good friends.
HOW TO JOIN
Go to MTNA.org and then click on “Join+Renew.”
You may contact MTNA at (888) 512-5278 or (513) 421-1420 for further information.
The membership year runs July 1 – June 30. Dues of $143 are broken down as follows:
MTNA – $83
OhioMTA – $40
CEOMTA – $20
A six month trial membership at $81.50 is available for music professionals who have never been in MTNA from January 1 – June 30th.
Those over age 70 qualify for Senior Membership for which dues are $82.75.
Annual Membership Meeting
On Friday, April 16, 2021 from 9:15 – 1:00 we will hold our annual membership meeting for all members and potential members in conjunction with our Spring Conference at Stanton’s Sheet Music, 330 S. 4th Street (on the corner with Mound Street), Columbus, OH – 43215.
9:15 – Registration
9:30 – Business Meeting
10:0- Melody Bober’s presentation
12:00 – Box lunches. Meet new members!
At this brisk business meeting we approve the 2020-2021 budget and review any change to our bylaws. RSVP required by March 20th, 2021 to Membership Chair Melissa Robol at email@example.com. More information will be forthcoming about meal choices.
Updated August 5, 2020