Student Solo and Ensemble Recitals are opportunities for students of all instruments and voice to gain additional performance experience in a non-competitive setting. As many as three recitals on each of the following dates are planned to accommodate those who wish to participate. All Solo and Ensemble Recitals are held at Graves Piano & Organ Company, 5798 Karl Road (at Rt. 161). All Solo and Ensemble Recitals will be held between 2:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. on the designated dates. Teachers of the participants will be notified of the exact time after registration is complete. Two pianos will be available.
Students of OhioMTA members: $5 per student
Students of non-members: $10 per student
Honors Students participating in the Honors Recital on Sunday, April 23, 2017: no fee
Date: Sunday, November 6, 2016
Registration Deadline: Thursday, October 27, 2016 (postmarked)
Date: Sunday, March 12, 2017
Registration Deadline: Thursday, March 2, 2017 (postmarked)
Date: Sunday, April 23, 2017 (will include the Honors Recital)
Registration Deadline: Thursday, April 13, 2017 (postmarked)
Each student’s registration must be submitted on the 2016-2017 Solo & Ensemble Recitals Registration Form and must be completed by TEACHERS ONLY. Otherwise, they will not be accepted. All information must be included. To download the Registration Form, click on the link below.
You must have a valid e-mail address on your registration form. You may submit your registration form via e-mail or by regular mail. Teachers are to submit all registration forms of their students with one check, payable to OhioMTA, to the Chairperson. Teachers will be notified of each student’s assigned recital time via e-mail (or phone, if requested) within the week of the scheduled recital date.
1. All entrants must abide by the Copyright Laws of the United States of America.
2. Recitals are open to students of any instrument or voice who have studied for at least one year.
3. Memorization is required for solo piano and voice.
4. Teachers will be limited to 15 minutes of performance time per recital. In the case of advanced students who may require more time, the necessary extension may be arranged with the Recital Chairperson. In the event that the recitals are not filled by the time of the deadline, the Recital Chairperson MAY accept additional students at the request of participating teachers.
5. Composer’s original compositions, not arrangements or simplified versions, should be performed. Exceptions may be made for duet or two piano literature or certain ensemble literature. Check with the Recital Chairperson if in question.
6. Duets (4 hands) are to be played on one piano.
7. Students and teachers must accept the piano arrangements determined by the Recital Chairperson and Graves.
Sunday, April 23, 2017
One of the recitals on Sunday, April 23, will be designated as the Honors Recital. Winners of OhioMTA scholarships or competitions are invited to perform at this special recital. There is no fee to participate in this recital. Registration information is to be submitted by TEACHERS ONLY. Students and parents should NOT contact the Recitals Chairman.
There is no limit to the time each teacher is permitted for the Honors Recital. However, because of the number of participants, there is a limit to the number of minutes permitted each performer. Please take these time limits into consideration when planning a student’s program:
Elementary: 3 minutes
Middle school: 5 minutes
High school: 10 minutes
Send registration forms and fees (payable to OhioMTA) to:
Dr. Caroline B. Salido-Barta
8172 Royal Elm Drive • Blacklick, OH 43004
(614) 751-9665 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Updated July 2, 2016.