Our District made an error in the extension of the Buckeye Auditions deadline. Unfortunately, due to constraints at the State level, we were not able to extend the deadline beyond March 15th. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience.
The Buckeye Auditions event is OhioMTA’s premier competition for our most outstanding students. Each of Ohio’s eight Districts holds a preliminary competition in March, April or early May leading to a statewide competition in June at Malone University. Winners are required to compete at the state level. There are no monetary awards in the preliminary competition.
OhioMTA Member Teachers: Current membership dues for MTNA, OhioMTA and the District must be paid in full before the application deadline. An MTNA/OhioMTA member with student membership status is not eligible to enter students.
Non-member Teachers: See fee schedule below.
Graves Piano and Organ VIDEO TAPE ONLY
Sunday, May 9, 2021 LINK WILL BE POSTED SOON
The registration link will open January 1, 2021 and close on
March 1, 2021. DEADLINE EXTENDED TO MARCH 30, 2021
- Each student will register separately and pay a single entry fee through the OhioMTA registration system. Applicants will receive notification 2 to 3 weeks before the competition.
- Levels (Age as of Sept 1, 2020): Elementary Ages 9-11; Junior Ages 12-14; Senior Ages 15-18
- Time Limits: Elementary 5-10 minutes; Junior 6–12 minutes; Senior 9-18 minutes
- Categories: Piano, Strings, Voice and Winds
- Member Fees: Elementary $70; Junior $90; Senior $110
- Non-member Fees: Elementary $105; Junior $135; Senior $165
STATE FINALS – REQUIRED FOR WINNERS OF THE DISTRICT AUDITION
Date: June 12, 2021
Location: Malone University – Canton, OH
Johnson Center for Worship and the Fine Arts
Prizes: Elementary $200; Junior $275; Senior $350
For Rules, Regulations and Online Application go to:
Kathleen Stephenson Sadoff
5006 Cadogan Place
New Albany, Oh 43054
Co-Chair: Nina Polonsky – email@example.com
Co-Chair: Yoyo Qian Liu – firstname.lastname@example.org
Updated March 16, 2021